Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Christmas break actitives

Since my daughter was sick. I had some time to play. My brother and his wife are expecting there first child in May. I started an afgahan for them out of some Blue Faced Liecester. It was fiber that I purchased this summer and spun. I loved spinning it and like working with it even better. It is perfect for this blanket, it has a beautiful luster and is very soft. I have pictures following. The blanket is done in strips and then sewn together and then an edging is sewn on three sides. I have 2 and 1/2 strips out of 7 done.
The Mode Dea socks are done kindaof they are not sown together yet but that will get done. I really like the yarn. The pattern was easy to follow as well. I am not quite sure who the socks will go to yet. I might even keep them for myself.
One of the other pictures that I posted was of some Mohair that I washed over the weekend. One of my new years resolutions was to learn how to wash some of the fiber that I purchase. This was one of the 4 fleeces that Melissa and I bought at Rhinebeck. It was suppose to go to Wooly Knob with the others but the box was just not big enough. So I put it in the washer. After 6 rinses I think it is going to be alright.
To Gracie and Amie, Anytime you want to come and play you are welcom. Thanks for reading.
Time to go, the repair is suppose to be coming to fix the dishwasher soon (I hope) LOL

No comments: