Thursday, January 13, 2005

Another week gone

I can't believe how fast the week has gone. It seems like it was yesterday when I last posted. Well the boys are finally happy. We got SNOW. The snowmobiles came out of hiding and they went riding this weekend. Unfortunately the snow will not last long. The temps for today are going up to almost 60. That will take care of the snow. They did have a snow day yesterday due to the ice that came through during the day.
Thanks for the comments. I did finally get my dishwasher working. After last week, it was worse than when I called them to fix the leak. I also had to call them on my new dryer. Just a week old and I turned it on Monday evening and I had sparks and smoke come out from the bottom of it. I was too the point of tears. I was so frustrated with all of the appliances and with DH he was not making the situation any better. All are working well now.
The baby blanket is coming along. Since my last post I have 1 1/2 strips done. I also made my daughter a garter stitch scarf from purple velour yarn. She won't take it off long enough for me to get a picture. It was done on size 13 needles, and was done in 1/2 an hour. Real quick.
Yesterday was a goof off day. With the kids home not much in the way of house work got done. I did get some knitting done. A diagonal scarf made from Trendsetter yarns by Dune.
Not sure what I am going to do with it but I have some things in mind. I also made a heart shaped dish cloth for the" Love Ewe" exchange that I joined. What a lot of fun that was to make.
One bobbin full for the Pi shawl. On to the next. I keep thinking that maybe I should just go buy some yarn but I don't know. I don't have anything made out of yarn that I have spun. My goal was to have spun and knitted a shawl and have it done to wear to Rhinebeck in the fall. Yeah right!
The best news of the week was that I was accepted into the secrete pals 4. I am looking forward to checking out my new pal. I have some great ideas for stuff to send. Well I am off to chop some ice off the walk.

No comments: