Saturday, October 30, 2004

Done at the Maize

Sorry that it has been a while since I have written anything. It seems like alately all I have been doing is running. Running my oldest son to work, my daughter to riding lessons, and all over the place for my DH.
I finished my fiber education that I was doing at the corn maize on Thursday. I had so much fun. The kids for the most part we good. I learned alot by doing it. The Alpaca that they have there on the farm is great. She is very tolerant of the kids and having everyone pet her. I have learned alot about them as well. The best part is that I have been invited to come back next year to do some more. Guess what I will be doing this winter?? More research!!!
When I went to Rhinebeck, I purchased dark grey Alpaca roving. Some how I managed to get it spun and made into a scarf. The scarf was a gift for Kate. She and her husband run the corn maize. Now this was the brillant move, I wrapped it and was half way to there house when I realized that I should have taken a picture of it. Good one Lana. I do have more so I will just have to get to work and start another. I did promise my oldest son that I would finish his socks first though.
I do need to start thinking of Christmas presents. So little time and no ideas. I have been really good. My goal every year is to make everyone some thing for Christmas. I usually make it to even if it is just an ornament.
Till next time.

No comments: