Were did January go? I am glad that it is gone. The weather has warmed up. In the mid 30's yesterday and the same for the rest of the week. The sun was shinning. I was getting alittle bit of spring fever. I am hoping to open some windows and let the house air out alittle today. Everyone was sick last month and maybe some fresh air will help clean the bugs out. LOL.
Joshuas socks are done. He wanted them for school today. He is having standardize testing and they can wear slippers, he took his socks. I am still working on my pi shawl. It is progressing slowly. Some frogging will have to take place later. My pattern is just not matching up. In the mail last week I received a ROAK from Maggie. 2 knitting magazines with some cool patterns in them. Thank you Maggie. Yesterdays mail brought my "Love Ewe" exchange. Some beautiful red Romney and Alpaca blend fiber and two heart shaped sachets from Rita in Maine. I not sure what it wants to be yet I will have to think on it.
SP4 starts today. I received my pal on Sunday. My thoughts all weekend have been on the list of questions. Here it goes.
1. Are you a yarn snob. Not really. I prefer to use wool or a blend, but if I need to use acrylic I will.
2. Do you spin? Yes I do and I love it. I am always looking for new fibers to try. My favorites are Blue Faced Liecester, Alpaca and Mohair. I don't ccochet.
3. Do you have allergies. No allergies.
4. How long have you been knitting? My grandmother taught me to knit when I was 8 and I have been knitting ever since.
5. Do you have an Amazon wish list? No I don't.
6. What's your favorite scent? Hydrangea is my favorite, but I like them all.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes, Dark chocolate is my favorite.
8. What other crafts do you like to do? I also do some decorative painting, sewing and gardening.
9. What kind of music do you like? My favorite is Celtic, next is baroque ( Classical) , as well as classic rock and country. My computer can play CD's. I am not sure about MP3's.
10. What's your favorite color? I like almost any color. I am not fond of neon or really bright colors.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have pets? I am married, and have 3 kids. 2 boys and a girl. We have lots of pets, a horse, dog, cat, 25 rabbits, 15 ducks and 2 pheasants at the present time anyway.
12. What are your life dreams? This is the question that gave me alittle trouble. What I would like most I think is to have a fiber shop. Selling fiber, wheels, yarn and have classes. I want it also to be a place where people can come and spend the morning, afternoon, or evening working on a knitting project or spinning and just having a good time.
13. What is your favorite yarn to work with? One of my favorites is Alpaca, the other is Merino, but I like most.
14. What fibers do you absolutely not like? The new designer yarns. The eyelash especially.
15. What is your current knitting obsession? I quess that would be socks. The work up quickly and they are easy to take with you.
16. What is you favorite item to knit? I enjoy knitting most anything. Smaller items are nice because they go faster.
17. What are you knitting right now? Currently I am working on a baby blanket, Pi shawl and a poncho for my daughter.
18. What do you think about ponchos? They are ok. I am not overly fond of them.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I am comfortable with both.
20. Bamboo, aluminum or plastic? I really like the wood needles, I have a set of DP Brittany's that I love. Aluminum is next.
21. Are you a sock knitter? Most definitly!
22. How did you learn to knit? My grandmother taught me. I knit continnetial.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 3 months. Only because I need to spin more fiber for it.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? My favorite bird is a Bluebird.
25. What is your favorite holiday? I quess that would be Christmas. I really go all out for it.
26. Is there anything that you collect? Santas, blue and white dishes and drop spindles.
Now I am off to start my frogging on my shawl. Keep knitting.