Monday, May 16, 2005

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow were has the time gone. I can't believe that it has been a month since my last post. Life has gotten so crazy here. Spring does that. Many things have happened. Were to begin. At the end of April some friends and I helped out at the County fiber tour. The weather was not the nicest. It rained on Saturday and Sunday was very windy, but we had a good time. When ever we are doing any kind of public demonstrations we always to some dyeing. This time we used Safflower, Dandilions, hibiscus and Koolaide. The colors were great. The kids had a great time going out in the yard and collecting the dandilions. I do have to admitt that with the demonstrations, I have gotten better with a drop spindle. We did learn some new things too. How to andean ply and to navijo ply. They are not as hard as I thought.
Remember the baby blanket that I have been working on forever. Well it is finally done. It turned out beautiful. I am so proud of myself. My first major handspun project. I am hoping to start the flower basket shawl next. My goal is to have it done to wear to Rhinebeck. I have some light grey coopsworth that I think I am going to make it out of.
I want to thank Liz my secret Pal for a wonderful last surprise. She sent me some beautiful multicolored yarn for socks. A sock pattern, soap, a yummy scented candle and chocolate. Thank you so much. It was alot of fun.
The baby shower went off with out to much of a hitch. My son decides at 5:30 that he needs to go to the emergency room because he has some metal in his eye and it is bleeding. I send his father afterhim and finish getting my stuff together for the shower. DH takes DS to the ER. He had a metal sliver just under the surface of his scleara in the corner of his eye. The whole corner is bloodshot. We have been going to the Doctors everyday to keep an eye on the swelling and for infection. Mothers Day this same son takes a tractor down over a 7 ft. bank on the edge of the road. He did not get hurt . Thank goodness but I really think that he is trying to do me in.
Now for some exciting news, 2 friends and I are going to be putting together a web business to sell our fiber things. We will have drop spindles, fiber felting kits, knitting needles and many other things. I will let everyone know when it is up and running. We will also be going to the big Dressage event at Saratoga Race course. They are having a llama and alpaca show as well. We have been invited to join a local alpaca breeder to share her spot. She has a store were you can buy alpaca products and some of the things that we are selling as well. It should be alot of fun.
Well I think that I have covered everything.
I promise I will be better about posting.

No comments: