Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hot and Hazy II

No I did not fall off the face of the earth. Life kinda carried me away. Since my last post in April alot has changed. I had a job at the local icecream shop as manager. I was working 40+ hours aweek, but that was not enough for her. I asked for a day off to go to a job interview, because the icecream stops flowing after labor day. and she fired me. Oh well! I do have a new job that I start on Monday. I am very excited about it. I will be working for a local county ARC as there Medical Trainer. July 1st was Hot and Hazy II. We had a good turn out compared to last year. I want to Thank all the vendors for coming. I will try to include some pictures. We are hoping that next year is an even bigger turn out.
I bought 2 new spindles from Janet Lynn of The Wheel Thing. A Tabachek and a Forrester, along with a skein of sock yarn. From Grafton Fibers I purchased 2 batts of fiber, a bright blue and one that is orange and turquise blended. I am hoping to make socks from them. They are already spun.
Some of my other spinning purchased happened at Cummington. I bought my pretty Saxony wheel, A Country Craftsman. I have wanted one for a while. Yes I now have 3 wheels.
I try to give them each equal time. I also picked up a Russian Lace spindle from Janet Lynn. It is walnut and beautiful. I have not learned how to use it yet but I will. Also bought a fleece from Mary Pratt. Sad that you have to travel 2 hours to purchase from you neighbor, but that is how it goes.
My knitting has come to a stand still. I joined the Mystery Stole 2 knit along and had to rip out the first 9 rows and I just have not gotten back to it. I need to. It might be something to do at lunch. I am also working on a vest, the back is just about done. I am thinking that I am not going to have enough yarn. It is beast that I spun and I am going to have to get some more. Maybe I can get it done in time for Christmas. We shall see. Things are just going to get crazier.
Yesterday, I had a follow up visit with the eye doctor for a retinal tear that she discovered 3 months ago. She found that I had an occluded vessel in my right eye. So off the the retinal specialist I went. He took all kinds of pictures and injected dye. He is not quiet sure what the couse might be. High blood pressure is one theory. So now I am off to the primary for a complete work up. Then back to the specialist in 6 wks so we shall see what happens.

No comments: